Automatic LICE COUNTING
Automatic lice counting (ALC) monitors and counts lice levels on a daily ALC replaces the need for manual lice counting at the site, and Aquabyte lice counts can be used for weekly reporting to the Norwegian Food Safety Authorities (Mattilsynet). This also enables you to follow trends over time for earlier detection and prediction of lice level changes. This delivers improved information for treatment decision making and targeted initiatives to reduce sea lice loads.
Value for you:
- Accurate daily counting of sea lice across different life stages
- Continuous surveillance of lice loads delivers key information for early decision making
- Daily sea lice development gives insight into key trends
- Reliable measurement of the effect of sea lice treatments and other sea lice initiatives
- Reduced handling and fish stress
WELFARE INDICATOR SCORING
Data-driven decisions for increased revenue
We continuously monitor, identify, and measure all observable welfare indicators (OWIs), allowing continuous monitoring of the welfare status in the pen. This reduces the risk of compromised fish welfare and the risk of downgrading due to poor welfare. We also provide information for data-driven decision making across all key welfare indicators to increase quality and revenue.
Value for you:
- Daily insight into welfare status in the pen to maintain high overall fish welfare
- Reduced mortality risk
- Reduced downgrading risk
- Increased revenue
We have developed this solution in collaboration with the Institute of Marine Research. This has resulted in a method based on the Fishwell standard, where we have enabled “manual” scoring of fish through images. Through this collaboration, we have developed a scoring guide for image-based documentation of welfare.